Saturday, September 24, 2011

End of Summer Update

In some ways I was so sad to see summer end. I love the warm sun, being outside, water, everything green, ice cream...I could go on forever. But the good part of summer coming to an end was that our lives were totally changed for the better.

Of course we got to meet our sweet baby boy on Sept 1. After months of preparation he made a quick entry surrounded by lots of family.

We went from this...



To this.... in just 3 1/2 hours













Righter's stats were: 8.1 lbs | 20.5 in It is funny because everyone thinks that sounds so big but he looks like such a skinny little guy. I don't know where he's hiding all that weight.

So far he is sleeping like a normal newborn, not much at night. He LOVES to snuggle. We aren't sure who he looks like. He has Vandehey in him but we see so much Palmer too. We have found pictures of him and Kambree that look alike too. I guess we'll give him a few months before we decide.

Kambree calls herself his momma.


She insists on being involved in every part of his life, changing diapers, feeding (she tried nursing him once when he was crying), snuggling, holding him (she tells me she is strong enough to hold him and carry him all by herself) and even monitors him while he sleeps. She is a great big sister.

Kyle has been amazing, of course. He is so helpful and thoughtful. I am so lucky to have him. I would never want to be a parent without him.


Kambree got to start pre-school this year. She was soooo excited.
I didn't know how I was going to react when I dropped her off. There were no tears from either of us. Actually, she was most concerned if we were going to be staying or leaving. She wanted us to leave so she could have her 'big kid' time.

She goes 2x per week for 3 hours per day. They do crafts, spanish, music, dancing, reading, it's a full day for her. She comes home exhausted with stories to tell about her new friends and everything she's learning.




We're enjoying these days and I savor every single snuggle and conversation that I get to have with my babies.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Melissa, I love your blog! It's so nice to read and almost like talking to you. I can still hear your voice after all these years. Congratulations to you all! xoxo

Ali Workentin said...

Great family pictures and the glimpse into your life. Thanks for updating us.